About Me

My photo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I live in Nashville, but originally from NC. I love books, movies, shopping and dogs, to name a few. You'll find I'm not the best at keeping up with my blog, but I have good intentions! I like to share pictures and stories with anyone who feels like reading this.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Books

Ok, so I've read a lot of books lately and felt like sharing, in case anyone wants any recommendations. I get books all the time from co-workers to read, so not all of these are in my typical genre. I read the Charm School, by Nelson DeMille, which was quite interesting. All about the KGB and Russia and the military.......took me a while to get through, but it was really interesting. Of course read Angels and Demons and the DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown, and I loved both of them! I would highly recommend them, especially the illustrated versions. It helps give you visuals of what he's talking about. I by no means believe it to be fact, but it's really interesting as well. Next I read Empire Falls, by Richard Russo. It's about a small town in I think Massachusetts, if I remember correctly. They made it into a movie for HBO, which I haven't seen, but it was a pretty original novel, considering what's been out lately. It's just about how everyone in the town relates to each other and how everyone is impacted by one another and as much as it sounds like it could be really boring, I promise it's not. I loved it! Next was the Devil Wears Prada, a girly, fun read that I had to read before the movie came out. I indulged in some chick lit and it was so funny! Definitely read that one. Oh somewhere in there, too, I read In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote, very interesting. I had never read it for school, and it took me a while to get through that one as well, but as someone who enjoys criminal tv shows.....this was a great book that looked at the criminal mind and the victims. Really great. Then I read the Wonder Spot, by Melissa Bank, she also wrote the Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing. It was good, kind of an all over the place book about an average girl who doesn't know what she wants to be and feels defined by everyone else in her life, not by who she wants to be. A little on the chick lit side, too, but I higly recommend this one. I am currently reading A Million Little Pieces, the controversial James Frey "memoir," which turned out to not be a memoir at all, but I'm reading it like it's fiction. I find it fascinating and very different from what I normally read. Don't know what will be next, but someone at work recommended the Kite Runner. Anyone read that? Sorry so long, but what can I say? I love to read!=)

No comments: