About Me

My photo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I live in Nashville, but originally from NC. I love books, movies, shopping and dogs, to name a few. You'll find I'm not the best at keeping up with my blog, but I have good intentions! I like to share pictures and stories with anyone who feels like reading this.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

RUDE people

I am currently at work and just completely miffed by this speaker right now. We got his lead a long time ago and this girl who doesn't work anymore started asking him what subject he wanted to speak on, got his resume, etc., but never told him we definitely wanted to bring him on. He called me to follow up, so I took a look at his file and he is not licensed or certified. He does have a Ph.D., but it's in a field that doesn't really apply to what we do and we have certain qualifications you must meet, like being licensed or certified. Well he told me that was ridiculous because he's spoken for so many years for all these other companies and I said other companies have different qualifications. He emailed me again wanting my supervisor's phone number and asked me how long I'd been doing this. Hello, buddy! This is a job application and this is how you're talking to a potential employer?! I cannot believe that. So my supervisor, Jennifer, said she is going to have fun emailing him. He'll probably call her, too, but she said she's going to put him in his place. Makes me feel better, but people never cease to amaze me. This guy's from Michigan, too, so I really wanted to like him, but hey, not everyone from MI is cool, obviously. I am so worked up and need to calm down! Don't you wish you could just cuss somebody out, but you can't, because that's not "professional?" I hate having to be professional sometimes, HAHA. Whew! I feel better already now that I've vented.................

1 comment:

KKA said...

At least you were on the phone and could make faces and gestures without him seeing you! = )